Sunday, January 1, 2012

January Themes

As I am trying to find out what themes to teach my 2 year olds in January, I am coming across a few ideas:



winter
snowman
mittens, and many more that will come to me little by little.

but I need to make this practical and easy for my little ones.
Most of my techings, for the school I work at, have to be through play.
So here is one idea, I can teach them winter words (vocabulary)
using a felt board, which we don't have either.
Hopefullly I can go buy a big piece of felt tomorrow to put it somewhere in my classroom,
or find a big board to glue it on.  Anyways...
I can teach them winter words using this paper doll with some winter clothes that I found here.

I also found a Toddler Theme Calendar that I do plan to follow as possible.

Stepbystepp has some really nice ideas for January themes.

How about a Gingerbread theme for this month also, from Pamshouse.

HubbardCupboard has the themes specifically for age 2, which will help me a lot.

and 123child has very nice ideas and pictures for winter and January themes also.

Well, from all this resources that I found, lets see what fun activities I can do

and record in pictures with my little ones.

Thanks for reading my blog :)


3 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I love the dressing paper dolls activity. I am a new follower and found you on Show and Tell blog hop.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I've awarded your blog the Versatile Blogger Award!
    Stop by my blog to receive it!

    http://la-lashomedaycare.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could take on the genaric theme of "SNOW" and encompass many of the topics too =) I like adding hibernation and how animals stay warm and change in the winter to January too!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments :)