Wednesday, July 26, 2017

An Easy Preschool Toddler Octopus Craft

Hello, hello, hello :)

After a looooong time of absence :/ due to many things that happens in life, I have decided to continue blogging and helping teachers, stay at home moms, grandparents, babysitters and all of you out there who would like to benefit from what I share here in my blog.

What I'll post here is mostly things that I do with my kids in my preschool classroom.

I hope you enjoy my blog and if you have any question please don't hesitate to ask, I love to help as much as I can :)

Well... today I am going to start with an easy octopus craft that I posted on my Instagram today, but with the difference that I'll walk you through the steps on how to make the craft and benefits for the child while working on that craft.
 



To make this octopus you only need an octopus outline that you can print from the net 
any color paint you like, I used purple
a piece of bubble wrap and
a paintbrush
 

I let the child apply paint on the bubble wrap
even if you are working with toddlers (like me)
you can show them how to spread the paint with the paintbrush
then teach them how to hold the bubble wrap
between their fingers and flip it upside down
to put it on top of the octopus
show them to apply a little pressure
so they can make a print of the bubble wrap
and remove.

It is very important to go through this steps patiently with the child
since you are helping them be independant
use their fine motor skills
and increase their vocabulary.

After it dries, I cut it out, and paste it on a construction paper
usually, I use the color of their choice
so the work is completely theirs.

Here is how the final project looks :)
 

I hope you enjoyed it.

Please let me know if you have any questions
or if you would like to add anything to it :)
I love to have ideas and input from everybody :)

Have fun,

Clemencia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments :)