Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Mixed-Up Chameleon

We finally got The mixed up Chameleon from the library,
we read it a couple of times and Jessica loves it

so we started working on some activities,
I made these cards that you can print, cut and laminate
so whenever I retell the story and say:

I wish I could be big and white like a...
and let the child hold these cards and think
which animal is big and white, so her answer will be the polar bear

then I go on with the story,
I wish I could be handsome like a...
flamigo (being their answer), and so on

Also, another activity is to print them and cut them
separating the word with the picture,
that way you can read the word to them
and they match it with the correct picture,
this will help them learn the name of each animal in this book
and another activity is to print them out
twice or three times and
do a little pattering math with them like this
elephant, elephant, flamingo, elephant, elephant...
what goes next?
so you get the idea... :)
Enjoy!



6 comments:

  1. This is great! It's certainly going in my *ideas for later* folder!!!
    :) Carisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love this book! great activities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got this book from the library and I can't wait to try these activities. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    Thank you for your help!

    Pamela
    South Korea

    pam@pamandbuffy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!

    I am preparing for parents day. Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What do you see? Is the number one book. Do you have any visuals that I could use. I continue to enjoy your work. Blessings from Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This website is wonderful :) , I have been looking for matching pictures to go with The Mixed up Chameleon, these are perfect . I had found the book and stuffed animal chameleon at Kohls about 5 months ago for 5 dollars each hard back and plush pretty big size really great for the kids . I love Eric Carle books and activities to go along with them. Thanks for this , its very helpful !!!
    HE~ from DE

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments :)